Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Honeymoon...

So it is two for one day on my blog!
The Honeymoon... I am hoping that someone might have a some thoughts on where we could go. We want to go on a honeymoon but I would really like to do it on a tight budget. I can't help but feel that since I don't have a job and we haven't really gotten the chance to save since the wedding is expensive and even with the help of others, we still need to be smart about booking our honeymoon. Thank God that they are helping us. I think I can dedicate a whole other post about the cost of the wedding. It is outrageous. But that is a side note.
Back to the Honeymoon. So we are thinking in the States. I'm thinking that Charleston, SC. Since it has both the beach like a half hour away and then city as well. We all know I am a city girl. I'm hoping that we will have enough to splurge on a really cool hotel. But we have got to be sensible about this. I mean yeah it would be so cool to go to Fiji or something crazy like that. But I firmly believe that we will have plenty of time for that. I know that we have already talked taking a big trip before the babies start to come. Yup that is right we have talked babies. I mean have you seen how cute my fiance is??? Who wouldn't want his babies. OK but again getting ahead of myself. Since that is so far down the road.
That trip... The Big Trip will be Europe. I'm hoping it will be Ireland, England, and Scotland. I lived in Ireland for a year and haven't had the chance to go back and that is something that I want my fiance to experience. Not to mention there are still friends there. I wish it could be sooner but we want to save up for that trip.
Back to the honeymoon, Does anyone have any suggestions for us? We want to keep it very reasonable. The only thing that I said no way to is camping. Not for my honeymoon. I love him very much but just this is one time, that camping is not an option for me. So let me know what you are thinking??? Any suggestions or thoughts???

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of Charleston. We just got something in the mail about kiawah Island (where we went in August) and having deals. It is a gorgeous place. I'll keep thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the PERFECT place to Honeymoon.....Australia! No hotel bills, no restaurant bills, no ........well you get my drift. All you have to do chickie pie is get plane tickets over (and they can be found hella cheap at United so keep an eye out) Yup, that's my suggestion, come to Australia and see kanagaroos....and me, and beautiful places like the great ocean road!:) Ok, so if you don't do it for your honeymoon it has to be thrown in the hat for the biggie trip someday. Oh and by the way, awesome congrats on the boot camp, soooo soooo proud of you, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete