Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Engagement Party.

So we finally had our Engagement Party. It was amazing how many people came out to celebrate our engagement. Even my great friends from Ireland came for the party. How amazing is that? I was so happy to see them. It has been two years since I had been able to see them and obviously a lot has changed. My friends were meeting my fiance for the first time, and let me tell you their opinion on him was extremely important to me. I was hoping and crossing every finger and toe that I could that they would like him. I have known this particular friend for close to 8 years now. And he is protective over me and I over him as well. He is an amazing friend. It was so special to have him and his lovely girlfriend came all this way just to meet my fiance and to party away with me. That made me feel really good since most of my family was unable to come except for one aunt and uncle. Which can I just say thank god for them. We were so organized, I think my mom was totally relaxed because she and my aunt had everything planned out. Dip trays labeled and waiting for the food to be put inside. We were completely set and ready to go when our guest came! Mostly because of my aunt and uncle. I can't tell them in words how much I appreciate them being there.
Now I was so busy being a good hostess to my Irish friends that I didn't even have time to be nervous about my fiance's family coming over. Which turned out to be a good thing since his family came out in force. It was so great! I loved having them here and getting to know them better. I will admit that I totally turn shy in front of his family since I want them to like me. There are a couple of moments that I just have to share with you from the evening. The first moment was when his grandmother, whom I adore, turned to me and said that "He is such a great guy, he is so easy going." Which in turn I said to her, "I know, it is a great thing since I'm really not!" But in all seriously, she doesn't have to list his good qualities to me. I am fully aware that the man I'm about to marry is amazing. He is such a great guy who constantly gives of himself to make me happier. The second was the speech that my dad gave in honour of my fiance and I. Wishing us a happy and healthy marriage. I teared right up. It is amazing to think how much our lives are about to change. To grow for the better. I'm so excited for the adventure my fiance and I are about to go on. And the last moment is the best. My fiance sat down with with his Mother and brother along with his 3 sisters. They were all laughing at something and there was such love between them that it made me smile at them even though I was across the room but I wanted to reach out and kiss him. Just from the happiness of seeing him laugh with his family. That would be my favorite memory of the whole night.

Such a great night with a great people. We are very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you had such a wonderful fun day, a day you will always cheerish. I just regret I couldnt be a part of you, believe me you, dan, and your family were in my thoughts all day sat. while i was stuck at work. Love and Miss you

    ReplyDelete