Tuesday, November 9, 2010

6 months, 1 week and 5 days

Hello Everyone,

The first post... So let me caught you up on everything that we have accomplished. The wedding train is moving fast. Some times I feel as though it is moving to fast. My Fiance and I haven't really had a chance to celebrate the fact that we are even engaged. That is why, I am so excited for the upcoming party. It will give us all a chance to become more familiar with each others families and love ones. I even have friends coming from Ireland to meet Dan for the first time. But that is coming up and I still have to caught you up with what has already happened.
So my Fiance and I were looking for rings in August, and talking about a fall wedding in 2011. When my mom dropped a bomb on us. My brother, who is in the Navy is being deployed next year. Which set off a panic inside of me. Of course, I would want my brother there at my wedding. So I started off by calling my church. To talk about a wedding in April. Well, let me tell you. Easter is in April. So that was a no go! But luckily there was a date in May available. Now, I haven't ever really been a Spring time of person. I love fall, everything about fall. Pumpkins, apple cider and the leaves turning around. So what do you do... Well I will tell you what you do. You realize something... Life happens when you are busy making plans for something else.
So May it is.
So at this point in wedding planning we have done. And by the way when I say we, I mean my wedding coordinator who generally answers to Mom! But I digress... We have the church, reception spot, the photographer, and the flowers done. So I think that in the past 3 and half months we have done an amazing job.
But I still have a big thing that is filling me with dread... The dress.
But that will be the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment