Friday, December 10, 2010

Ooh Your Sweet Sweet Buttercream. How I love Thee. And Some Big Secrets!!

Today finishes yet another week of Boot Camp. And for those who are keeping up with me, that means there is one week left in my Boot Camp. Then just one week before going dress shopping. Gulp!

We have managed to check off another big item from that massive list of things to do before the wedding this week! Which I'm very excited about! We have picked our cake. So those in the running were Dorothy Lane Market, The Cakery, The Cake Ladies, and Ele Cakes. Here is what I thought of all. Dorothy Lane Market: It was very good, I would say it would be my second choice. Then there was The Cakery. Which was ok, but I wasn't exactly impressed with their customer service. And the icing was too sugary for me. And I'm an icing girl. Then there was the Cake Ladies in Springboro. She was the best so far. She did something that no one else thought to do. she showed us how to cut the cake. If you think about it, where do you learn that particular skill? I didn't have it before, and when she said this is something people tend to worry about. It dawned on me... Oh yes, I would worry about that. Such a good point. And her cake was amazing, moist and the icing wasn't too sugary. Not to mention she only does two wedding cakes per week. I like that so much more then feeling like my cake was just one of the many that was getting cranked out by the factory. So we went with her. I even canceled our appointment with Ele Cakes. There just wasn't the need for it. We have found our cake maker. Now for what we picked for the flavors and the look of the cake. I'm afraid that is all you will get. For the rest will be closely guarded secret.



Speaking of secret... I have a big one with our transportation... It is done but I'm not telling what it is... I hope to surprise everyone! How I love surpises!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment