Thursday, December 16, 2010

In the Land of Giants.

In the Land of Giants... I live my life in the land of giants. I always have. Well not always. See I was suppose to be the tall girl in the family. My sister was suppose to short. That is not the way it turned out.
Truthfully, being short isn't usually something that I worry about. Nor do I even think of it as a negative. However, I was looking at the picture from our Engagement party and we had one of the Bridal Party. And I noticed something. I am really short compared to the rest of the party. And not just a little shorter. But way way shorter. What is a girl to do... I am not really a heels type of a person. I am more flats and sneakers type. So I think I am going to ask my bridesmaids not to wear high heels. I really don't want to be that type of Bride that decided every inch of her bridesmaids look. I even read one blog that talked about how many brides ask their bridesmaids to even wear the same makeup. How is that possible?? How can you ask your friends all to wear the same makeup if they don't have the same skin tone, hair coloring and didn't you ask them because they are beautiful in their own right. Not to mention you love them for their individuality.
So far, all I ask is that the dress doesn't give anyone a show when they sit down. Because there really is not need for that. Even if we were not doing a church wedding. So do you think I am becoming one of those Brides? I'm even cool with them wearing a different dress but in the same color so it more fits their own bodies. I am not one of those girls that want her bridesmaids to look ugly so she looks better. I want them to feel and look beautiful. There are going to be a ton of pictures and I don't want anyone to be like, "oooh I hate that I looked like that"
So is asking them not to wear high heels being one of those brides? I'm not sure... Guess the only thing is to ask them... Here's hoping it goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment