Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Easy Concept in Theory....

It seems like an easy concept in theory... You meet this amazing, wonderful guy and you both live happily ever after. But then comes not the baby in the baby carriage but the wedding planning. I always thought that I would be that girl. The one that goes slightly crazy about planning. The it is my day and no one else's, girl. Which might I add... I turned out not to be. I would just like everyone to enjoy themselves.
But I have realized that with planning the wedding to the man of my dreams comes a whole bunch of stress. Not to mention, Everyone seems to have an opinion on everything. Things from what your ushers should wear to who should go dress shopping with you. Heck, even my dentist has an opinion on how fast or slow our dating time was. When did we start telling people things that we know will be rude and not caring about how it makes others feel? OK, I know that I am more sensitive then most but when even your dentist is talking with you about your length of dating to the man you are now engaged too. When is enough of someone else opinion too much? And when did we stop censoring ourselves in the process. Now, I am not talking about those people, who have had sons and daughters marry whom are close friends to the family. Those opinions are not only welcomed but truly valued. Since there are some things that I nor my wedding coordinator aka Mom, have a clue about. Still it is stressful to feel like you are constantly defend your wedding and the choices you have made.
But on top of all that, there is still the normal every day life stuff still happening. That no matter how tired you are from Boot Camp or moving your fiance into his/our new apartment, you are still suppose to function in the real world even if all you want is one day in bed just for your self. Or the stupid fights that you have over end tables and wanting a sofa to make this apartment a home.

But it isn't all about me. It is about us, our families, blood and other wise, getting together to be with us as we decided to take this huge step. And there is no do overs, this is it for us. So I best try to hold in the stress and the biting remarks and enjoy the planning process. Since the next time, I plan on planning a wedding would be for my daughter. I think that I just need some serious pillow time. Lets hope that works to correct my negative Nancy attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment