Friday, February 4, 2011

The Invite...

I can't find an Invitation that I like. I have the image in my head about what I want. Something vintage, yet romantic and with a touch of me-ness. And ooh yes, not to blow the budget on it as well. I just want something smart, fun, and classy all at the same time that will read... You should see how much thought is going into me (the invitation). Thus you should come to the wedding. I know that I might be over stretching the importance of the invitation to the wedding for some people. But seriously everything that I have read tells me that you must have the "right" invitation because it sets the "tone" of your event. Ahhh.. the tone.... that is a big job for a just one invitation. So nothing is quite perfect enough. I haven't seen anything that tells people that I want them to feel like they are stepping back in time with my fiance and I where love isn't just something that happens in fairy tales. Where love it something that is solid and worked on. Where that love not only survives the modern day interpretation of "I get what I want right now, who cares what it/or who it hurts" but something that you realize that no matter what this is the person who you want in the rocker next to you while your grand babies play on the floor. So yeah, that is a lot to put into an invitation but I am just trying to set the tone of the event. Or maybe the better to say is the tone of our commitment. Such a tough task for just an invitation. Luckily we did find someone who does invitations that we really like. And by we, I do mean myself and my amazingly patient even when I'm driving her crazy wedding coordinator. Aka: Mom. Everything on Paper is just wonderful. So it is back to her again, perhaps starting from scratch but still with a clearer picture of what I want. So the search is on! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Check AC Moore or Michael's or whatever craft store you have near you. Or an Ollie's if you have one. I picked up an invitation kit (super on sale too :) They have either a blank or small designed invitation and envelopes and then you design and print whatever you want. If you can't find something pre-made that fits your tone, maybe you can create your own. Good luck!
    (:melissa:)

    ReplyDelete