Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Up Swing

There has been an Up Swing in our planning of the wedding. We are finally in the fun stuff. I'm feeling that this whole thing will be OK. It has been a tough road because I have found that planning this wedding as put me in a very vulnerable spot. I never expected that. I find that I have been overly worried about what others are thinking about my wedding. Or my ideas. It doesn't help that there is only so many themes you can do in a wedding. But it seems like the garden theme which is something that I am loosely using is a big one. Or being told that I'm not allowed to do something because someone else is doing it. That is hard. I hate feeling like I'm not allowed to do something because someone else is doing it. Ugh. So I have come to a realization. And you know what I have realized, and trust me when I say that this has been a struggle and I will probably continue to struggle with this til May 23rd. I'm wasting a lot of energy worrying about all of this. OK, well I'm still going to worry but I'm going to work on the overwhelming urge to double and triple worry about it and not doing it to avoid hurting people. It is my wedding too. I am getting married as well. While I don't want to step on toes. I want to have memories as well. I want an day where everyone has a ton of fun. I can only do so much to make that wish happen. It will be alright.
But I think we are on the up swing of things. Saturday, I picked out our linens for the reception. That was a ton of fun. There is nothing like getting to play with some linens where we can see which way we wanted to go with the idea for the wedding. Then the fiance and I had a great meeting with Fr. Dan who will be marring us. It was really really good. then followed by us just hanging out. Just the two of us. It was perfect. I loved it. Then last night, Mom and I went back to Everything on Paper with Beth to continue the search for the perfect invitation. We found one!!! I now have invitations for the wedding. And Mom likes the invitation as well. I was starting to worry that we weren't going to find one. But we did and it looks perfect and totally fits with everything I wanted. I'm so excited. I'm beyond excited that I feel like the stress of everything not really coming together is finally coming together. Now it is just the fun stuff. But there is a poll question for my readers. Favors.... Is this a must to a wedding that you attend. Or should we donate the money in the name of our guests? Please let me know what you think. I am interested in what others have to say.
That is it for now. I hope everyone is enjoying this spring like weather.

1 comment:

  1. We donated money to SICSA, then my mom's side of the family helped to make gingerbread cookies in the shapes of cats & dogs for people to take home as "favors" -- we also had cocktail napkins printed up telling people as much as well as had it listed in the program. I can tell you that most of those trinkety things aren't worth the money you'd spend on them, and they almost always end up getting thrown away afterwards. I'd say pick a charity, do an edible favor, and keep it super simple. Less stress that way :)

    ReplyDelete