Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nesting without Pregancy... Is this normal?

As I'm sitting here writing to you.... I am also nursing a huge fat bottom lip. Why you ask? Well, on Sunday I cooked for my mother in law and one of my fiance's sisters. But still you ask why this would resulted in a fat lip. Because I got so nervous that I broke out in cold blisters. Now some other people get hives when placed in a nerve racking situation. But me... I have this huge cluster of blisters on my lip which does nothing with helping me feel cute and ready for Valentine's Day. Now, the food went well. And so far no one has said anything about me poisoning them. This is a good thing, for some reason, I have the feeling that my fiance would not be happy if I manage to poison them. I wanted to prove that I could pull off that type of meal and as old fashioned as this sounds, keep my fiance well feed. Which in the old fashion sense, must mean that I will be able to keep him happy as well. I know it doesn't make sense. But somewhere in the back of my mind, I still connect with that thought with being a good wife. And this is with taking multiple classes in Women Studies in college. Almost to the point where I could minor in Women's Studies and yet here I am thinking... I must be a good cook and house keeper to be a good wife. Where does that thought come from? My mother never put that thought into my head. Not once, she raised us all to be strong, opinionated women. So really where does this come from? Is it the same old thing about society that warped our minds from the earliest beginnings? Along this line of being a good wife besides making amazing meals but also comes in keeping the house. I have heard of nesting when one is pregnant. But I've never heard of nesting when one is getting married. But it is the only way that I can describe the way or the mood per say I'm in. Everything must be cleaned and the apartment needs to be pulled together. I have all these really good creative ideas. I can't wait to go to estate sales and look for stuff for the apartment or go to the Deconstruction Depot, just to poke around. Not to mention, I'm reading a friend's home improvement blog obsessively to steal a little of her creative ideas.
http://www.charlesandhudson.com/. Which you can peruse at your leisure, those of you that do own your own home, read it! Any who... everything of mine needs to be cleared out and pulled together to see what I should be moving to my fiance's and what should be tossed out. You will be surprised at the amount of bath stuff I have. But I think a good rule of thumb is if I haven't used it in a year. Then I'm not going to use it. So then they need to go. See what I mean? Usually I am the worse kind of hoarder, which has led to me missing some very important stuff in the black hole of the spare room in the basement. But not right now, it is all about it is time to clear it all out. get rid of it all!!! Before I scare my fiance with the amount of stuff that I need to look amazing. Time to par it all down. (For now anyway ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment