Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Seriously.... Seriously..... SERIOUSLY!

Dear Readers,
I have to say that lately, I haven't really written not because there wasn't things to share and really good things. But because the words weren't lining up correctly in my head. I have started about 3 new posts and each one falls short of everything that has been going on. Sometimes this journey to the Altar is a ton of fun. And I love it. And other times, I wish it was just over already. All this planning and spending money on wedding stuff or the big conversations that I have to have with my wonderful fiance. Then comes a big problem. That has me frustrated to no end.
My gorgeous ring. The one that he and I worked so hard to lovingly pick out has turned colors. And before you think that it is because it is silver. Oh no, He didn't buy me a silver engagement ring. It is white gold. I'm standing in the store with my mom yesterday, trying to just get this figured out. To which they tell me this is perfectly normal and I will just have to be the person who gets my ring re dip every year, twice a year for the life of the ring. Not that they are going to pay for that. Oooh no that will be for the fiance and I to cover. I'm sorry but after paying what he did for this ring and then have to do up keep on the ring besides just cleaning it. I'm so not having it. My father wears white gold and has never had it re dip. And that ring has been through a lot. But it still looks white.
So what is a girl to do... Not to mention, I feel alone in my outrage about my ring. My fiance isn't all that worked up about it. But I'm a whole host of emotions. I'm mad because we went to what is consider the best in town to go to. I'm sad because most likely the ring that Dan proposed with is not going to be on my finger come Saturday. All of our engagement pictures are going to have a different ring then what I will most likely be wearing. And to top it all off, I'm annoyed that after going through the process to find our perfect ring. We are now going to have to do the same thing. Again. So what should I do. Go look for a different ring? Try to find the same band in gold rather then white gold? Demand our money back and go some place else and turn in all of our rings? Ugh. I just keep thinking that this can't be happening to us. But it is and now we have to figure out what to do next.
As far as bad news, I should probably just put it all out there. Sorry, this is bad news blog day for me. So Dan and I had original planned on getting married in October of 2011. But my brother had a new station to report too so we changed our plans so that way my brother could be at our Wedding. And now we found out that the United States Government has decided to send him to Afghanistan in April. Yup that is right. One month before our wedding. They could give him just one more month. Send him in June. Look, I understand that is the life of the military family. And we are not the only ones in the nation that are struggling with this. But Seriously.... I have never once even thought that I would be getting married and not having my big brother be there. You know, the guy who has watched out for me since we were little. The one that never let anyone but him pick on me. Or the guy that made sure before I left for college, I knew how to get out of a choke hold or could seriously damage someone who was trying to hurt me. The guy who use to terrorize my dates, scowl at my boyfriends for holding my hand in church and has promised or maybe a better word is to threaten, to have a big talk with my fiance before the wedding to make sure he knows there is no going back (not that I haven't done that already). Now, I have an amazing friend who will step in and help with the bridal party stuff. And I love and adore him for being willing to do that. But still it is sad to think that my brother will be missing such a huge moment in my Fiance's and I's life.
See lots of frustrating things going on right now. I promise the next post I will let you all in on the good stuff. I just needed to vent a little on this one. So to end this post with one more thought. God Bless the soldiers and their families. May those who hold office understand the sacrifices they ask of their people. And strive to serve us better.

2 comments:

  1. Dee... first take a deep breath. Everything will be fine. My ring is white gold as well and I get it redipped once or twice a year. It costs about $30 and it makes me feel like i have a brand new ring every time I do it. Different skin causes things to happen to rings. It will be okay. I know it is frustrating but don't let it get you down.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is the same way -- and I actually haven't gotten "re-dipped" in a while. Kyle's usually the one who does it, as a surprise. It always comes back so sparkly, too. :) I was told that it depends on a person's pH level, so really whatever ring you'd want to get to replace it would probably do the same thing. It just happens, it really isn't a big deal. You can always coincide the dipping and your bi-annual inspection to make sure your ring is in tip top shape. And it gives you a reason to go into the jewelry store on a regular basis.
    As for your brother, mine had to miss Tova being born and while that sucked, you know, it's not the end of the world. It's the life he chose and you just have to roll with it. Everything will work out in some way. Just keep reminding yourself the wedding as an event isn't the most important thing here -- it's the marriage to Dan, which will last longer that just an evening.
    Chin up, and try some yoga or meditation to help you relax a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete