Monday, January 30, 2012

She is getting political on you... Watch out!

So I'm sure that many of you know that Roe vs Wayne had it's anniversary this past week and I on the same week, I read one of my friends fabulous blog. It is Tabulous. At http://networkedblogs.com/tcVYJ  Go on... it is really a good read and very thought provoking.  Now I know you are asking yourselves.  What does one have to do with the other. 

Our Daughters,  now mind you, I don't have children yet.  But that doesn't mean I can't see her.  Hopefully,  her daddy's gorgeous curly dark hair with her Mommy's blue eyes and let's all pray she gets her built from her Daddy as well.  And the things that I want her to know. Such as, That no man has the right to make decisions for her.   That no man has the right to make her feel small and ugly.   That those that have to degrade a woman to try to tell her that she is pretty are not calling her pretty.   That girls can be the most vicious of all but that there are true friends out there if she can find them.   That those who are not in her shoes won't be able to tell her what to do.  That god willing, her daddy and I will be around to watch her and raise her with the morals that we want her to have.  
This bring me to my point.  Roe vs. Wayne, legislation that lets women make up their own minds about having an abortions.  It is something that boggles my mind that in this day of age the basic right of decided what to do with her own organs, is anyone else's business beside her's  and whoever else was involved with making of the child.  That there are groups out there who preach and demand that you follow their view.    Now I am not saying that I am pro-abortion because every child is a blessing.  However, I am pro-choice, because who am I to get into your business.  I don't know your story.  How are we suppose to raise our children to be strong, intelligent, and independent women, when there are those out there who believe that they have a right to tell her how to live  her life.  If you research some of the ways that women in the past have done to get themselves out of "Trouble", it will show you that there must be a way for women to be safe for those that are sure that they don't want to be pregnant.   And the great thing about this, is if that isn't the path for you or your belief system doesn't allow you to think that way then you don't have too.  No one is forcing you.  No one is choosing for you.  So just try for a second to put yourself in the shoes of someone else's life.  And realize that your choice doesn't have to line up with what her choice would be.

Just some food for thought....  I don't see a march to stop Vasectomy Procedures.  The signs can read "Not one more Snip"  or how about "One Snip kills hundreds of unborn children."    If we are going to legislate the right to have or not have children, then lets make sure it is an even playing field.

No comments:

Post a Comment