Sunday, January 15, 2012

operatation smaller suitcase

I am very hesitant to even be putting this out there....  You see, the hubby and I are going on a diet and as you know by simply looking at me, I love my foooood!  And pretty much hate to work out, but here is the thing.  We are going to Ireland in 4 1/2 months and I want to look good.  I will be (hopefully) seeing a lot of old friends and I would like to look good.  Not to mention, we both only get one carry on luggage and one suitcase each for free or the airlines will charge us.  So it will be called Operation Smaller Suitcase since we are going for a week and half I will need lots of clothes.  Not to mention, I will be shopping over there since Ireland runs about 6 months ahead of us in styling wise and I love clothes. 

So here it goes... we are going on the South Beach Diet.  Which is kinda funny because that is how my parents mostly eat.  so luckily I already have a basic knowledge of how to do it.  However, that doesn't mean that it won't be an adjustment.  Goodbye Mexican food til after Ireland.  And it will be a test to our will power. Or really in truth my will power.  However, I do have one weekend before Ireland to look forward to.  Easter weekend, I promised my mom that I will make homemade pizza for her.  So when is Easter coming and how fast can it get here?  I don't want to also be unrealistic, I know that I'm not going to wake up tomorrow at a size 4 just because I am hoping that is the way it will be.  not so much.  But I'm hoping that I can set realizable goal of maybe 2-4 pants sizes down.  that would be very nice. 

You know, I think that will power has a way of either making or breaking what you are setting out to accomplish.  I will be the first to admit that my will power isn't always there.  but I would really love to go back to Ireland healthy and strong and in shape.  I think it is always a great idea to try to better one 's self.  and this is just one of the things that I will be working on, in the next year.  So I am hoping that you all will help keep me on track.  I know that hubby is willing and ready to help me get rid of the unwanted weight that I see.  He says I'm gorgeous at any weight and I tell him that he is contractually obligated to say that.  He just wants me happy.  But if you all have any tips or ways to keep yourself motivated let me hear them! 

Also, any tips on getting the motivation to work out would be greatly appreciated!  well it is off to my nice rounded meal of veggies and meat.  I hope everyone is out there having a healthy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment