Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Wedding Day.



As promised... A more detailed account of the day.





It started very early with a trip to my hair guru. Debra at La de da le Salon in Oakwood is amazing. She is very good at hair and let me tell you, those head messages that she gives when she is washing your hair. You feel as though all your cares are being washed down the drain along with the hair shampoo. my hair was gorgous. It was the perfect look and I felt like a princess for the day. Then it was rush rush to the church.





In the church, I got a little bit of time to breath and get some food in me. It was great just getting to hang with the ladies of the family. Then my amazing photographers arrived after shooting my hubby and friends. Then suddenly it was hurry, hurry time again. make sure that everything looks right and nothing is out of place. Now we were so busy the week leading up to the wedding, I didn't pick out my jewelry til that day. Each piece was special. I had my grandmother Duffy pearls around my neck and my Nana's pearl earrings in my ears. I was blessed to be able to wear my Grandmother Duffy's engagement ring while on my flowers we pinned my Grandfather Dundon's wedding band. Then it was time to take pictures and can we talk about how weird it is to have someone snapping pictures of you all day. But you know that I also secretly loved it. Before, I knew it was time to go down the aisle. About half way down, I got over the Oh my goodness feels and this sense of total calm and sureness settled over me. then our ceremony passed by so quickly and it was up the aisle as a wife. It was such a amazing feeling. After that we jumped into our waiting car and did the whole fake getaway thing. Then it was pictures in the church and more picture in the garden that my husband and I had our engagement pictures done at.





Once that was done we jumped back into the car and off to our reception at NCR Country Club. But that is not before I was able to sneak a little cat nap in the car. The rest of the night was just the party. But one amazing and touching moment is when my brother called from Afghanistan. It was great getting to hear his voice. Then before I knew it the whole day was over. It wasn't just simply wasn't long enough. I just was able to enjoy myself. and of course there was so many people that I wasn't even able to get to talk with. Ugh. Can we do it again??? But from now on the blog will be about being a wife and everything that comes with that. So it is time for the beyond the Altar. But what a special day.



No comments:

Post a Comment